Automatic Side Load Wrap Around Case Packer
Konek Technology’s Wrap around case packers are all servo driven, intermittent motion machines, that allow for high case output rates in a flexible, compact, machine footprint. With its industry leading performance, modern design and compact footprint, the side load case packer is ideal for the most demanding and space conscious production environments. The machine is available in a variety of versions depending on the speed required and on the type of product to be packaged.
Product infeed can collect a wide range of product sizes and thanks to a high speed stacker they can be grouped in multi-tier bundles. The system collates the products, loads the corrugated cases or trays and closes them with hot-melt glue. The glue tail and its length can be adjusted through the touch device to ensure the correct closure of the case and minimize the consumption of hot melt.
The packer uses up to 20% less corrugated material as compared to regular slotted cases (RSC’s) resulting in significant annual material savings. This rugged machine reduces labor, increases productivity, reduces packaging costs and integrates easily into new or existing packaging lines.
Change-over is very fast thanks to handles on metric rods or handwheels with digital readouts installed on all parts to be moved. Digital gauges and scales with pointers allow for a quick, no-tool changeover in as little as 5 minutes.
The packer is specifically designed for applications in the food, beverage, and consumer products industries and handles a wide range of product styles, including cartons, tubs, cans, and jars.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty welded tubular frame for 24/7 reliable and robust operation
- Economical and flexible to suit various application and layout needs.
- Wide product and case size range that can handle a variety of pack patterns
- Flexibility of production due to quick and easy size change overs
- Tool-less changeover completed quickly with hand-crank handles.
- Servos and drives offer smooth and reliable case packing operation.
- Precise product positioning
- The possibility of packing fragile products
- Integrated into auto packaging line
- Reduce operational costs with a compact machine that can also be easily integrated
- Easy access to all components provides for easy maintenance.
- Protection doors made with polycarbonate and security micros in all doors
- User friendly HMI touchscreen control panel allows manual operation of all functions.
- Intelligent control (PLC) of all machine functions
- Full monitoring of machine status and diagnostics
- Vertically compact solution allowing easy installation under low ceilings
- Wrap around cases provide up to 20% material savings over traditional cases.
- All the functions described are developed in a unique monoblock, occupying a small and simple handling space for the operator.
- Bar code readers, labellers, ink jet printers and much more can be added.
- Automatic size exchange tools for quick format change
- Systems for detecting product contamination and rejection in terms of integrated quality assurance
- Layer pad insertion
- Stainless steel or environmental enhancement packages (Explosion proof e.g.)
- Clustered or automatic lubrication system
- Construction is available in dry, washdown, or caustic wash-down options.
- Modem for remote connection and troubleshooting available.
- Inline or right angle product infeed
|Automatic Side Load Wrap Around Case Packer|
|Production speed||Up to 1.500 cases per hour (depends on cases size)|
|Case sizes (L x W x H)||Minimum: 140 x 140 x 150 mm / Maximum: 550 x 400 x 600 mm *Other size ranges are available|
|Construction||Standard: Painted, carbon steel Optional: Stainless steel for wash-down applications|
|Installed power||Approx. 8 kw|
|Air Consumption||300Nl/Min 6 bar|
|Power Supply||230/400V, 50 Hz, 3 phase|