Businesses that package consumable products in glass jars, bottles, or cans use tunnel pasteurization to increase product safety and prolong shelf life. Shelf life is one of the most important parameters of any food, especially one that is present on the global market on a daily basis. Natural durability usually does not last longer than a few days, so food manufacturers decide to a more health-friendly thermal processing that ensures the desired shelf life. Pasteurisation is very often procedure number one when it comes to preservation of the just filled products.
Tunnel pasteurizers are developed in several sections including: heating sections, pasteurization sections and cooling sections. As per the process requirements, the temperature of heating, insulation and pre-cooling sections can be accurately controlled by PID controlling pneumatic membrane regulating valve, and the time of heat preservation and sterilization can be adjusted by frequency conversion speed regulation. The temperature is maintained for a predetermined amount of time to achieve beverage specific pasteurization units (PUs) that kill microbes within the beverage. At this point, the container is kept at this temperature for the required time to inactivate the microbial load present in the product and in the container itself, followed by a cooling phase. The pasteurisers are equipped with a single conveyor belt and a series of nozzles sized according to the pasteurization requirements. Sophisticated technology saves energy thanks to special spray nozzles and thermal recovery. Inside the machine, the bottles and the cans lie on a plastic chain and, thanks to an external gear motor, go forward in the various sections encountering the upper showers, at different temperatures, until reaching the exit. Thermal exchange through water spraying (cold and/or hot) occurs in the middle tunnel sections. Each module of the tunnel body is outfitted with a water control unit consisting of pump, exchanger and valves. The feed rate of the bottles and cans can be set from an operating panel that allows to vary the duration of the cycle. The heating and cooling sections are designed to be self-heating for minimum energy consumption, while the pasteurisation sections are designed to obtain the right number of pasteurization units.
The electrical panel is complete with a temperature recording system with control probes, and in the computerized version, which can be controlled online, allows total automation of the system. The control panel consists of: a series of inverter controls for all the motors present, a PLC and an operator’s interface implemented on touch screen.
Konek Technology is an expert in the field of design and production of tunnel pasteurizers – machines that provide thermal processing of food in order to extend their shelf life. Beer Tunnel Pasteurizer is custom-built for easy integration into your manufacturing process. Regardless of how complex your portfolio is, our pasteurizer permits flexible product changeovers in the shortest time. Tunnel pasteurizer unit, available in different sizes, for the pasteurization of the already packaged product.
Tunnel pasteurizers are high-quality, sustainable, ergonomic machines designed which can treat such as fruit juices, isotonic/sport drinks, ice teas, food supplements, beer and soft drinks, tomato paste, baby food, spreadable cheese, pickles and vegetables in brine. The products can be packed in containers like cans, glass bottles, glass jars and pet bottles.
Features & Benefits
- Whole process of pasteurization is fully automatic.
- PU unit protection against over-pasteurization of the beverage
- Dynamic active control of pasteurization units, which ensures a smooth and stable pasteurization process in all conditions.
- Heat evacuation system protects containers from overheating.
- The hygienic and low-maintenance spray system
- Effective and an independent spraying system in each zone
- The dual extractable filters to protect spray nozzle pump
- Low energy consumption thanks to optimum water and heat management
- Water exchange system between heating and cooling zones
- Stainless steel hygienic design and fabrication.
- Flat side walls and sloped floors facilitate easy cleaning.
- Thermometer and water pressure meter also equipped.
- Outstanding access for cleaning and maintenance
- Side doors and removable top covers are provided for periodic maintenance
- Integrated automation system controlled by a PLC.
- Touchscreen Human Machine Interface (HMI) for individual zone control and consumption measurements
- Continuous belts available in polypropylene or stainless steel.
- Overload protecting device in the main engine to protect conveyor system effectively.
- Variable frequency control of all conveyor motors
- Configurable according to operational requirements thanks to the modular design system. (14)
- Compact design for optimal space utilization
- Heating source: steam, hot water, electricity
- Remote access via modem and the data transfer (profibus, internet, etc.)
- The pasteurizer can later be easily connected up to a CIP system or an energy flow meter.
- Heating system inside or outside
- The system is available in a single deck or multi-deck.
- Can be equipped with automatic filtering system.
|Method of pasteurization||Shower, shower-submersible|
|Heating source||Steam, electricity, hot water|
|Cooling source||Iced water, cold water (flowing water, water from chiller or cooling tower)|
|Prodcution speed||Up to 1.000-50.000 bottles per hour (depends on containers size)|
|Min temperature of pasteurization||62° С|
|Max temperature of pasteurization||97° С|
|Number of temperature zones||from 7 till 10|
|Bottle size||Height: 150~300mm, Diameter: Ø 50~Ø 85mm|
|Water Consumptation||40 L/min @0.5 L|
|Installed power||Approx. 30 kw (depends on product type)|
|Pump Pressure||3 bar|
|Power Supply||230/400V, 50 Hz, 3 phase|