Automatic Side Load Case Packer
The machine is side loading, modular, compact and flexible packer, designed for medium/high per minute case production, all in a single monoblock The machine is Konek Technology’s standardized sideload case packer for packaging products into regular slotted cases (RSC), also known as American cases. In particular, its essential aspects include compact design, high accessibility, simple size change-over maximum reliability, and it is the ideal solution in case of space restrictions at the end of the line.
Side load case packers are designed to load products into an open case on its side. This cost-effective machine makes use of a combination of servo and air cylinder motion control to erect, load, and seal your product in one compact system. Consisting of three separated modules: product feeding and collation, carton erection and carton closure, this machine guarantees a total control and easy cleaning. At first, the packs reach the stacking unit where each row is stacked into a holding plate assembly. Working with an in-feed system, the products are collated in the correct pack configuration and then loaded horizontally into the open case lying on its side. Product infeed can collect a wide range of product sizes and thanks to a high speed stacker they can be grouped in multi-tier bundles. After the required number of rows have been stacked, the collation would be pushed into the open case, which is opened and held in place by vacuum suction cups and guides with the rear minor flap closed. After its filling, the conveyor with flights brings the box to the sealing area. The shipping cases are then automatically closed on both sides. While a filled shipping carton is being transported to the closing unit, a new, empty case is simultaneously provided. The filled carton is pushed out of the machine. Another box is positioned automatically and the cycle is repeated. The system of carton erection and product introduction into the carton allows for higher speed of packaging and guarantees higher stability of the products. With a modern design and a sturdy structure, the machine was projected to work with servo-motors to ensure precise moves. Stainless steel is utilized in all areas where products contact the machine, to promote a clean product environment and ensure smooth transfer of products with coated graphics or overwrap.
Konek Technology case packers are designed with safety, durability, productivity and efficiency as the top design criteria. The machine has been designed for the market demands that are: overall decrease, accessibility, format change simplicity and maximum reliability. Change-over is very fast thanks to handles on metric rods or handwheels with digital readouts installed on all parts to be moved.
The side-load case packer is suitable for packaging of cartons, bundles, sachets, bags and flow-packs inside corrugated shipper (RSC). Automatic case packer is used in packing products in food, medicine, daily chemicals and electronics industry.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty welded tubular frame for 24/7 reliable and robust operation
- Economical and flexible to suit various application and layout needs.
- All the functions described are developed in a unique monoblock, occupying a small and simple handling space for the operator
- Servo driven stack handling system with containment for stack stability, which can be tipped or not tipped based on case orientation
- The case blank is picked up and transferred to the opening unit by double arms equipped with suction cups, holding it from back-side and bottom, and thus guaranteeing a perfect squaring.
- Wide product and case size range that can handle a variety of pack patterns
- Multiple tray or case configuration
- Flexibility of production due to quick and easy size change overs
- Tool-less changeover completed quickly with hand-crank handles.
- Servos and drives offer smooth and reliable case packing operation.
- Precise product positioning
- Integrated into auto packaging line
- Reduce operational costs with a compact machine that can also be easily integrated
- Easy access to all components provides for easy maintenance.
- Protection doors made with polycarbonate and security micros in all doors
- User friendly HMI touchscreen control panel allows manual operation of all functions.
- Intelligent control (PLC) of all machine functions
- Full monitoring of machine status and diagnostics
- Vertically compact solution allowing easy installation under low ceilings
- Bar code readers, labellers, ink jet printers and much more can be added.
- Automatic size exchange tools for quick format change
- Systems for detecting product contamination and rejection in terms of integrated quality assurance
- Stainless steel or environmental enhancement packages (Explosion proof e.g.)
- Clustered or automatic lubrication syste
- Construction is available in dry, washdown, or caustic wash-down options.
- Optional integration of a case erector / sealer for a complete case packing system
- Closing of case for optional seal or hot glu
- Modem for remote connection and troubleshooting available.
- Inline or right angle product infeed
- 90 ° case turning device after the machine
- All-servo or all-pneumatic design or a blend of both based on your requirements
|Automatic Side Load Case Packer|
|Production speed||Up to 2.000 cases per hour (depends on cases size)|
|Case sizes (L x W x H)||Minimum: 140 x 140 x 150 mm / Maximum: 550 x 400 x 560 mm *Other size ranges are available|
|Construction||Standard: Painted, carbon steel Optional: Stainless steel for wash-down applications|
|Installed power||Approx. 10 kw|
|Air Consumption||200Nl/Min 6 bar|
|Power Supply||230/400V, 50 Hz, 3 phase|