Pick And Place Case Packer
Konek Technology’s top load case packers are fully automatic robotic or gantry case packers capable of top loading your product into American case RSC or tray HSC cases. The top load case packer features a 2-axis pick and place assembly with either a vacuum or gripper pick head with quick-change tooling provides precision product handling. The pick and place system is a viable alternative to larger footprint top load case packers and flex picker robotic machines that are often presented as the answer to increased throughput. Compared to manual case packing, this packaging equipment will increase your throughput while lowering labor costs. This fully automatic solution runs unattended as a singular machine or integrated into a system.
Case packers with robotic or cartesian axes engineered and developed to allow the simultaneous vertical filling of one or more regular slotted cases or trays, with products of different types and forms. The filling of cases is performed by a pick & place mechanism which supports several heads with speed which is adjustable according to product type. A variety of pick heads are available, including vacuum, mechanical, and combination vacuum/mechanical styles to accommodate almost any product. (25) Using bespoke designed gripper heads, we can meet the exact requirements of your product and packaging format. Our quick change-out heads make this machine as flexible as it is durable. Innovative design features, advanced servo technology and simple menu-driven changeovers combine to accommodate a wide variety of product types with less product handling and less maintenance.
The design of this equipment, together with its easy adaptability to new formats or final submissions, provides a very good versatility for future applications. The pick and place machine can be engineered with a single or dual gantry, with a 3 or 6 axis pick head system, and with a single or dual product infeed equipped with automatic case management.
With a compact footprint design, these packers are ideal for integration into production areas with limited floor space. From the machine frame to the gripper assemblies, to the bottle handling components, all are top quality and built for dependable, long term operation, and production proven for top performance.
The main concept of this equipment is to integrate an erecting station, plus boxing, and sealing, all in one equipment. The folded boxes located on the warehouse of the machine are taken by a system of vacuum cups that open and place them in the forming position. box is automatically erected and positioned. The exact amount of containers is properly dosed by rubber belts and moved from infeed to picking area where a cartesian manipulator, which is equipped with several picking grippers, picks up the containers and gently lays them down into the cartons. The feed system is even capable of turning products, or leaving them in their original orientation, with a huge variety of packing patterns as a result. The inserting system takes the product to introduce it vertically in the box. The system of picking the product and inserting it into the carton has been designed with the aid of “brushless” motors which allow for higher speed of packaging and guarantee higher stability of the products. A pneumatic system folds the back flap. Then the box is ready for its top and bottom sealing. All machine actions are controlled by PLC for precise operation. They are fitted with an intelligent safety head mechanism (depending on the application) which protects the tooling parts.
As a top loading system, the machine is capable of handling a variety of products across a broad range of industries. Its smooth robotic packing action ensures maximum bottle stability when packing lightweight plastic containers, protects glass integrity when packing bottles or jars, and provides no-impact handling of heavy containers. The machine successfully packs tubs, cartons, trays, bags, pouches, tubes, flow wraps and other flexible products into cases or trays depending on our customers’ needs.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty welded tubular frame for 24/7 reliable and robust operation
- Adjustable head adapts to multiple product sizes.
- Economical and flexible to suit various application and layout needs.
- Wide product and case size range that can handle a variety of pack patterns
- Multiple tray or case configuration
- Flexibility of production due to quick and easy size change overs
- Tool-less changeover completed quickly with hand-crank handles.
- Lightweight tooling (gripping head, loading funnel, etc.) for improved operator ergonomics during size changeovers
- Servos and drives offer smooth and reliable case packing operation.
- Precise product positioning
- High payload and fast cycle speed
- Integrated into auto packaging line
- Reduce operational costs with a compact machine that can also be easily integrated
- Easy access to all components provides for easy maintenance.
- Protection doors made with polycarbonate and security micros in all doors
- User friendly HMI touchscreen control panel allows manual operation of all functions.
- Intelligent control (PLC) of all machine functions
- Full monitoring of machine status and diagnostics
- Vertically compact solution allowing easy installation under low ceilings
- Bar code readers, labellers, ink jet printers and much more can be added.
- Customized infeed conveyors to handle multiple product types
- Automatic size exchange tools for quick format change
- Systems for detecting product contamination and rejection in terms of integrated quality assurance
- Variety of container handling options: pneumatic, vacuum or mechanical grippers, depending on product characteristics
- Layer pad insertion
- Stainless steel or environmental enhancement packages (Explosion proof e.g.)
- Clustered or automatic lubrication system
- Construction is available in dry, washdown, or caustic wash-down options.
- Optional integration of a case erector / sealer for a complete case packing system
- Closing of case for optional seal or hot glue
- Modem for remote connection and troubleshooting available.
- Inline or right angle product infeed
|Pick And Place Case Packer|
|Production speed||Up to 1.500 cases per hour (depends on cases size)|
|Case sizes (L x W x H)||Minimum: 140 x 140 x 150 mm / Maximum: 550 x 400 x 600 mm *Other size ranges are available|
|Construction||Standard: Painted, carbon steel Optional: Stainless steel for wash-down applications|
|Installed power||Approx. 5 kw|
|Air Consumption||150Nl/Min 6 bar|
|Power Supply||230/400V, 50 Hz, 3 phase|